Technical Sales Engineer
We are looking for a creative, dynamic, experienced and highly motivated Technical Sales Engineer to ensure our company continues its growth into emerging markets such as consumer electronics, EV, battery and renewable energy. The position involves technologically and scientifically advanced laser systems.A key role will be preparing the technical proposals for laser solutions and engineering design to support the sales team during the quotation phase. In particular, the Technical Sales Engineer will conduct technical presentations and explain the technical aspects of the design and/or product and how it will solve a specific customer problem.In addition to gathering key technical requirements from customers critical to a successful outcome, the position also involves technical market research. Key working relationships include the Engineering, Sales and Operations teams.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field is required for this position. In addition, several years of proven experience in a relevant field is a must. The ideal candidate should have a solid grasp of key automation technologies. Strong communication skills are a plus especially for interacting with customers and vendors. The candidate must also be able to work effectively in a team environment with other engineers, have advanced problem solving abilities, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working closely with the Sales and Engineering team, you will be responsible for preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining designs, products and services to customers and prospective customers
- Conferring with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements including customers’ specifications and concepts related to the design process
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support to successfully close purchase orders
- Providing technical guidance and support to customers who integrate NSI’s advanced laser solutions into a variety of manufacturing applications.
- You will be required at times to provide onsite customer support to help bring up customer’s hardware design.
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to ISO work instructions and other related documents.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have an Engineering degree (ME or EE) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field. In addition, a minimum of five years of industrial experience, preferably in automation or a closely related field. Excellent organizational skills with managing proposals and project deliverables are a definite plus as are outstanding verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
To learn more about this position or if you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com