Software/Automation Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a self-motivated software/controls engineer with experience in the development and integration of industrial laser material process systems, with familiarity of various control equipment and interfaces. The position involves technologically and scientifically advanced laser system designs and products.
- Develop and design control systems for industrial automation systems.
- Perform system integration with existing customer or vendor equipment.
- Perform Serial, TCP, and Mod bus communication testing.
- Debug issues of existing systems at customer site.
- Ability to work on software modules based on provided input/output requirements.
- Ability to apply advanced math algorithms to source code.
- Ability to improvise, troubleshoot, and learn new skills on the job.
- BS, MS, PhD in EE/CS or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies. Graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years industrial experience is preferred
- C/C++ knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of the .NET framework with hands-on experience in taking UI industrial application concept to WPF
- Experience in PLC (e.g. Allen Bradley RSLogix, Panasonic FP, Mitsubishi MELSEC) and HMI development.
- Experience in motion control programming (e.g. Delta Tau Power PMAC)
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience a plus
- Laser / Optics experience a plus
- Effective, hard worker with a team player “can-do” approach
- Strong record of problem solving through structured methodologies and implementing robust processes and systems.
- Situational leadership skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High tech experience within a fast-paced, start-up environment
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have an Engineering degree (ME or EE) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field. In addition, a minimum of five years of industrial experience, preferably in automation or a closely related field. Excellent organizational skills in managing proposals and project deliverables are a definite plus as are outstanding verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
To learn more about this position or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.